|
|
|
|
Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease. Friday, October 05, 2007
That's the problem when there are no interns around. What the heck is Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease? From PP's second episode, all I knew was that it's a genetic disorder. I couldn't even Google right away it because I couldn't spell it. Weh! I've never heard of it until an hour ago. And don't think it's because I have a diploma from a Philippine med school. A friend of mine was hospitalized for fever of unknown origin in the states. The admitting physicians were baffled and couldn't give her a proper diagnosis. A Filipino doctor just passing by diagnosed it correctly right off the bat: dengue fever. Can't blame US educated doctors, though. Dengue isn't endemic in North America. But Pelizaeus-Merzbacher, I wonder if every doctor there knows of it. 1 case per 500,000 population in the US, 1 per 100,000-1,000,000 worldwide. Hmmm... Must brush up on genetics, or neurology, or pediatrics. @:(
|
straight, single and searching aspiring digital photography enthusiast fighting wanderlust (and getting beat up) dog-lover
Find me on MySpace and be my friend!
Previous Posts
Wish List:
Life List:
© mine and mine alone. if it's crap, it's my crap and my crap alone. |
4 Comments:
peliza-what?! i haven't seen episode 2. currently downloading it. =) how about heroes? have you seen it yet?
it's only been mentioned once. it'll be a part where, i'm sure, you'll be paying attention.
i've seen both episodes of heroes, and i'm waiting for my sister to download the third. mwah hah hah hah hah *evil laugh*. yatta!
we have the third episode already! and currently downloading the 3rd episode of house. ^_^ my sibs are downloading Chuck. i haven't seen it, though. been so behind on tv shows from damn pedia. hay. i hate it. hate it, hate it, hate it!
how could they have missed Crohn's disease?!
Post a Comment
<< Home