The Golden Compass Movie. Sunday, December 09, 2007
Mia and our mom went to Baguio last Friday. Our dad and I seized the opportunity to go see The Golden Compass, as both my mom and my sister were uninterested in seeing it, while the both of us were atat to see it for months.
Although the director and the producers mentioned that they tried to play down the book's antireligious themes, well, it was still very evident that whoever made the story up was not a Christian. Having read all 3 books, I knew that The Golden Compass shouldn't be as much the object of controversy as The Subtle Knife, which I still hope they plan to film. The finale is what the clergy should be scared of, if you ask me; but that's another blog entry.
So, moral questions aside, I thought the film was pretty good. There wasn't much deviation from the book; and, although the movie was essentially a condensation of the novel, the plot remained cohesive and the transition from scene to scene wasn't clumsy. The animation was spectacular. The cast was excellent. How could one go wrong with Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig and Sam Elliot? Ian McKellen may have been CGIed, but he was still great. Dakota Blue Richards was the perfect Lyra: spunky, headstrong, and understatedly pretty. And also, I now my girl-crush on Eva Green is stronger than ever. I would've wanted to see more of Daniel Craig and Eva Green, so I hope their characters develop in the future movies.
Ana played hooky at 4:05 PM
|
neurotic psychotic obsessive compulsive manic depressive mediocre medical student clerk intern USMLE reviewee intern again
straight, single and searching
aspiring pediatric endocrinologist medical doctor whose specialty has yet to be decided on
digital photography enthusiast
fighting wanderlust (and getting beat up)
dog-lover
My Online Album
Find me on MySpace and be my friend!


Wish List:
Life List:
-
be as carbon-neutral as possible
-
learn conversational Spanish or any
other foreign language
-
own land and live in a trailer
-
practice medicine in the states
-
be a doctor to Filipinos and not charge
for my services
-
retire before becoming too old to krump
-
visit Greece or any other European
country
-
get at least 5 scholars through college
-
fool a picky eater into thinking i'm a
gourmet chef
Ana and Mia
Pauline
Chinky
Gloria
Aiee's Livejournal
Aiee's Blogspot
Andy
Saki
Earl
Jan
Nini's Clerkship Photolog
Nini's Travel Photolog

Blogger for engine.
Disclaimer
© mine and mine alone. if it's crap, it's my crap and my crap alone.
|
1 Comments:
aha, so it was worth watching after all. ^_^
Post a Comment
<< Home